From its beginning in 1905, Rotary has had a very strong commitment to service through the vocation of its members.
We also support men and women in the community in their vocations through:
- Pride of Workmanship awards where we present an award to employee/s and workplace/s who have provided exemplary service to the community;
- Scholarships and Awards to students at Canberra Institute of Technology, University of Canberra and the Australian National University (Bruce Hall);
- Awards to Year 12 students at selected schools;
- Support for young adults to take part in a week long RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Award) seminar which provides an opportunity for leadership development and personal growth;
- Support for a Year 11 science student to take part in the 2 week residential National Youth Science Forum in Canberra;
- Involvement in the Group Study Exchange program where a small group of men and women who are not Rotarians will visit another country to further develop their vocation through visits to workplaces in that country as guests of the Rotary Clubs in that country;
- Providing funding for the Rotary Collection of Australian Art at the National Gallery of Australia to purchase works to support emerging Australian artists; and
- Host visiting Group Study Exchange teams from other countries.