Four Way Test Public Speaking Competition
The Four Way Test Public Speaking Competition is a District 9710 Project that promotes public speaking among High School and College students. Individual students compete by presenting a six minute speech that explicitly mentions the Rotary Four Way Test:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
The competition is structured as follows:
- Club nominees participate in an initial competition among Rotary clubs in the local cluster during August.
- The Semi Finals are held among cluster winners during September.
- The Finals are conducted at the Rotary District 9710 Conference in October.
Who can go?
The Rotary Club of Belconnen can nominate one student from a High School or College in the Belconnen area each year.
What is the aim?
The aim of the competition is to promote public speaking and the Rotary Four Way Test.
August: Competition within the Cluster
September: Semi Finals
October: Finals at the Rotary District 9710 Conference